Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mantella are you going/trying to breed this season? I'm hoping to have success with standard expectata, pulchra and laevigata. Since these are my largest groups/calling males.

Reactions: jjthom2

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Hopefully I will breed my M. crocea and also get more milotympanum clutches.
Bryan

Reactions: gretchenellie

·
Registered
291 Posts
First bernhardi crawled oow yesterday...milos almost there... tads in the viridis, aurantiaca and laevigata tank. I wouldn't be surprised in the nigricans get going as well. It's that time of year!
What makes it that time of year, is it an internal clock you think. Or some enviromental thing, other?

·
Registered
654 Posts
So far aurantiaca & bernhardi tads, now hopefully the rest of them will get busy too!
Steve

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
standards, reds, and now more mads. I need to check the crocea and pulchra tank to see if there is anything swimming around in an egg mass.

·
Premium Member
3,349 Posts
I have an aurantiaca that is as wide as she is long (if not fatter:D).Hopefully she will not pop before she drops her eggs!

First bernhardi crawled oow yesterday...milos almost there... tads in the viridis, aurantiaca and laevigata tank. I wouldn't be surprised in the nigricans get going as well. It's that time of year!

Ray I know I asked to be put on the list for the Milos but I didn't know you had the viridis going ,Them too please:D

Lou

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
It really comes down to demand and capacity. I'm giving a few groups a go this year so made 30 new springtail cultures... Hopefully get a good mix this year.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
I haven't fully decided, but if anyone wants to work with a group of 12 pulchra, let me know. I don't know if I'm going to get around to breeding them again this season.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Have a large clutch of blushing mantella eggs from juveniles I got from Doug last year. So far so good.
Unfortunately the clutch collapsed after about 10 days. I will attribute this to the fact that they are still young and still hold out hope for the season as the calling and courting continues at a furious pace.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
What mantella are you going/trying to breed this season? I'm hoping to have success with standard expectata, pulchra and laevigata. Since these are my largest groups/calling males.
If you decide to sell any of the Expectatta froglets, please add me to your waiting list.
Im definitely interested in those.

Thx.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
I'm working with some Viridis. I have calling, courting and wrestling going on but no eggs that I can see so far...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts