Dendroboard banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Terribilis, Trivitattus, Pepperi, Bassleri or Silverstonei....I have seen all eat larger prey items, just wondering which would eat the largest.

·
Registered
483 Posts
My terribilis can easily take medium crickets... I have no doubt they could take large. They turn into pac man frogs.

I do this as a treat for them and visitors.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
For how large the Ameerega frogs are I find that they prefer smaller prey items than their body size would suggest. I think terribilis are your best bet....

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
I have my bassleri eating waxworms, pretty cool to see. That said, I've seen my female terrib take down a very large (inch plus) roach.

·
Registered
705 Posts
My terribs will eat 5/8" crickets and they are very interested in adult crickets but they can't seem to take them down. They will literally stalk them all around the tank and harass the cricket constantly attacking it but can't seem to get them. So I just use 5/8". They will readily take even the largest wax worms. Recently they have gotten so bold they will attack the food from my hand before I even have time to drop it in the tank.:eek:

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Silverstonei I had at the Cincy Zoo were the largest darts I have ever had and were voracious feeders, I know they ate cock roaches which was payback since cock roaches ate their babies...morning geckos huh, like to see that, maybe in a Terribilis tank they would be mourning geckos.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I have witnessed terribs taking down young mourning geckos.... also twitching gecko tails. they are crazy.
Um.... HUH!?! Sounds like a bad idea, to be mild...

JBear

·
Registered
248 Posts
thanks for being mild. This was not intentional. Morning geckos were all over the frog room and they would get into enclosures or drop tails if they got pinched in lids.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I've seen vittatus take huge waxworms, almost as large as themselves. The one female would jump on the worm mouth open like a piledriver move and ram the worm into her mouth, pretty impressive for a small phyllo. It's been the most impressive gluttony I've seen with darts hands down.

I never tried huge bugs with my silverstonei but they ate a lot of small crickets.

eRic

1 - 14 of 14 Posts