Dendroboard banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Old timers here may recall my 29 gallon paludarium from nine years ago which has a build thread here
A couple years later I got out of the hobby for various reasons. Then after that I slowly got back into plants and terraria and now "I'm back" doing builds (I thought I never would be, but unforeseen circumstances changed things a few years ago).

Anyway, I've done some pretty nice builds in the past few years, which I'm excited to share. I'll start with one of my most recent ones which I have titled "Crown Forest"...

The main stump is 3 combined wood pieces, then there are 3 separate ones to the right.
Underneath is a plastic grid scaffolding, plus expanding foam for the overall armature / filling space.
Then over that is a custom substrate of red clay + peat moss.
"Spider wood" roots pressed into the clay.
The main plants are moss, liverworts, Microgramma heterophylla, and Reldia minutiflora, with a few other randoms mixed in.
NICREW Class LED for the lighting.
FYI I am presently working on a series of videos which documents the build process in great detail. Part 1 is up and part 2 is being edited currently.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I really like your yt videos, you do a really great job. I'm also jealous of your selaginella and filmy fern collection. Glad to have you back and keep up the good work.

·
Registered
348 Posts
That's me! Thanks. Unfortunately, the "Rare Miniature Terrarium Plants" group (and my Mossarium group) are both under consideration to be shut down. I am still deliberating about it.
I've not looked at the mossarium group, why are you thinking of shutting them down? I love browsing the rare miniature terrarium plants group occasionally but I don't generally post on facebook full stop.

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've not looked at the mossarium group, why are you thinking of shutting them down? I love browsing the rare miniature terrarium plants group occasionally but I don't generally post on facebook full stop.
I'm glad you enjoy the group.

I am considering shutting it down because:

1. Almost nobody posts in it
2. Of the people that try to post, 99% of the posts must be declined because they violate the group rules and/or are off topic
3. Of the people that request admission to the group, only about 25% of them properly fill out the membership questionnaire
4. All of the admin and policing takes way too much time, especially considering the small amount of valid posts that make it public

Frankly, I'm just about done with Facebook and have moved over to Reddit, as well as focusing more of my time on YouTube.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Cool looking viv. How have you found the nicrews for plant growth? My own just arrived, wondering what sort of results I might see.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts