Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The snails are killing some of my plants.

Anyone know how to kill them in a non-toxic way?

I don't have frogs yet so I was thinking about putting a small saucer on one side filled with salt..Though the humidity might ruin this idea..

What do you think?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Are there a lot of them? If not, I would just pluck them out by hand until they were all gone. If there's way too many to do this then I would put out a saucer or deli cup with salt around the edge and something the snails would eat, like fruit or sugar, on the inside. I'm not a snail expert, but in theory the snails would go for the fruit or sugar and die in the "salt mote." Again, I'm not sure it'll work, and it's probably a good idea to take out the frogs before doing it, but it could be worth a try if there's way too many to take out manually.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Put a small dish of beer out. the snails will naturally be attracked to it, and once they get in they will die. It works better than using salt in gardens outside, so I figure it would work better in a viv too.

·
Registered
696 Posts
What and waste beer? :shock: J/K I've used this method and it seems to work.
Mike

·
Registered
696 Posts
HA! :lol: I got visions of the movie "Strange Brew"
But if you see the snail trails meandering all over and they don't die then it didn't work. You just got them drunk.
Mike

:evil: BAD SNAILS.....BAD!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts