Dendroboard banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to build a portable display for when we go to shows, and was trying to come up with something feasible. My original idea was a 3' Exo Terra with a false bottom that I could drain water from before moving, but even then I was worried about the bottom cracking. Four days ago I got the idea to just do three smaller tanks, we already had one with a completed background at the store, and I had two empty tanks sitting in the living room. Being on such short notice, I kind of had to throw together whatever was on hand. So far I like the fact that I get to have three different designs instead of just one giant one. Maybe next time I'll try and add a portable two footer to the mix, but for now this will have to do. Sorry for the crooked pictures, still in the middle of trying to get ready for this weekends show.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Very nice. I toyed with doing 3 smaller tanks combined together on the same stand and hood instead of the bigger one I went with. It's nice seeing 3 different setups as opposed to a singular one.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! The wood is actually sandblasted manzanita, normally used in fish tanks, and holds up forever in a wet environment. We're working on getting a rack made to hold 12 of the smaller Zoo Meds, still not sure if I want the gecko tank (middle tank) to be with the dart frog rack, or in with the gecko rack. I'm going to be doing several smaller ones for hatchlings, my Uroplatus eggs are due to start hatching in 3 weeks. The plant in the back left corner is an as of yet unnamed Philodendron species. There are two species floating around, one with more ovate leaves and more of a prostrate trailer. The one in the tank is a more upright grower with lance shaped leaves, and both have very distinct triangular petioles. The prostrate one I've been told is being called Philodendron 'Panama' from ABG, still haven't heard anything for the one in the tank though.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That is the Chazuta tank! I put them in a few hours ago. The female immediately dove under the large Pilea in the back, and the male climbed the glass and decided to spend awhile seeing how frog proof the lid is. It appears to have passed the test. Now to get started on the Tarapato tank, she's in a large planted sterilite for now.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks guys! The wood is actually sandblasted manzanita, normally used in fish tanks, and holds up forever in a wet environment. We're working on getting a rack made to hold 12 of the smaller Zoo Meds, still not sure if I want the gecko tank (middle tank) to be with the dart frog rack, or in with the gecko rack. I'm going to be doing several smaller ones for hatchlings, my Uroplatus eggs are due to start hatching in 3 weeks. The plant in the back left corner is an as of yet unnamed Philodendron species. There are two species floating around, one with more ovate leaves and more of a prostrate trailer. The one in the tank is a more upright grower with lance shaped leaves, and both have very distinct triangular petioles. The prostrate one I've been told is being called Philodendron 'Panama' from ABG, still haven't heard anything for the one in the tank though.
Thanks for the info. I wasn't sure if was a philo species or pothos species. I like the look of it. I might have to track down these two, as I love aroids.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts