Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've got a couple tanks without frogs in them yet. I've been growing them for a while waiting until the broms were fully attached to the back wall before sticking any frogs in them. Things seem pretty good and I was planning on sticking some frogs in soon, but have noticed that they are slugs in one of the tanks. And not just a couple of them, they've been breeding in there and I've seen a lot of tiny slugs slithering around. So is this a problem? My greatest fear is that the slugs will eat any eggs they may come across. Is there any good way to get rid of them? I guess I could maybe stick a saucer of beer in the tank.

G

·
Discussion Starter #4
thanks roger! I should start using the search function more. well it seems like the beer method will work well enough. I'm not 21 yet, but considering that I'm in college it shouldn't be too hard getting a bit of beer.

·
Registered
707 Posts
kinetic said:
thanks roger! I should start using the search function more. well it seems like the beer method will work well enough. I'm not 21 yet, but considering that I'm in college it shouldn't be too hard getting a bit of beer.
LOL. "No, Officer, seriously the beer is for my frogs... I mean slugs... " :)

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Anytime Kinetic...I started using the search button not too long ago and found plenty of information that I was always "waiting" for someone to resond in a post.

The Search button is my BEST FRIEND!!!!!!!! :D Yup, I too am sure that you will have NO problem obtaining some beer!! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Roger

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I had a slug in my first tank right after I set it up. It was doing a number on one of my ferns too. Then late one night I walked by the viv and saw a pure white slug about 1.5" long slithering up the side. Since I live in Washington (where non-native, plant devouring slugs that look like turds abound) I'm not particularly sympathetic to vegetarian slugs, so I used a steak knife and chopped him in half. No more holes in the plants, and it felt good too.

G

·
Discussion Starter #9
I go to University of California, Santa Cruz, and our mascot is the banana slug! But these slugs in my tank are definitely the non-native pest kind of slug. I'm a fan of the banana slugs though, very interesting creatures.

G

·
Discussion Starter #10
I hope the ones I am trying to kill will like Busch Light. If not, I may have to go buy some good stuff.
Mark W.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts