Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sluggo Snail & Slug Control For Organic Gardening. It is non-toxic and safe for pet's and kid's. I might give this a try. Please give me some feed back. Let me know if you would use it or wouldn't use it. :confused:

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
Make sure it isn't the Sluggo Plus as that product is still labeled for organic use but it is formulated to deal with other invertebrates such as isopods.

Ed

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Jeremy have you used it in pumilio vivs?
I have tried it in an auratus viv a while back (3 years ago) with no issues, it molds over but seemed to keep the slugs in check.

-Beth

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I have tried it in an auratus viv a while back (3 years ago) with no issues, it molds over but seemed to keep the slugs in check.

-Beth
Beth
I am still trying to find it locally to avoid shipping but it is the wrong time of year.

I saw it used at Oz's place a couple weeks ago. His collection is mainly pumilio and he had it sprinkled on top of the leaf litter. He has been using it for years.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts

-Beth
I've used it in pumilio enclosures but I haven't used it in awhile instead I modified some film canisters to act as slug traps.

Ed

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
instead I modified some film canisters to act as slug traps
Ed can you go into more explanation on the slug traps?

I have a darkland viv with tads in broms and it has slugs, grrr...

-Beth

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
As Jeremy mentioned, I bought one of the 2.5# jugs several years ago and have been using it since without any problems. I only use it occasionally (5-8 granules sprinkled a couple of times a year). It seems to help with the slugs, but I never get rid of them completely. I am hesitant about always having some in the tank, but possibly with regular application over a several month period I could probably break the breeding cycle.

I also keep fruit in my tanks as a magnet for flies and to allow fly breeding. Apples and oranges really seem to attract the slugs, so I will also pull them off manually when I see them. Lettuce is supposed to work well also - but they eat it quite fast - and more often than not I just end up feeding them...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Ill assume that you drill a hole in a film canister big enough for the slug/snails to crawl into. and hen you just add the sluggo to the inside.
Ed can you go into more explanation on the slug traps?

I have a darkland viv with tads in broms and it has slugs, grrr...

-Beth

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
I'll take some pictures when I get a second.

Ed

Reactions: Bcs TX
1 - 11 of 11 Posts