Dendroboard banner

SLS Identification (Not my frogs)

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Paul G 
The pictures aren't ideal, but it could be spindly leg.. since the legs do look out of proportion. Different angles are needed for a definite diagosis. If they don't want help, (which is what I would take from the response) why bother coming here and asking? All your going to do is fire up someone who is going to rant about it on FB...

Ed

James,

If you look at the first picture, there appears to also be cranial malformation which has been reported in a few places in the literature early in the documentation of SLS, but if there is malformation we have to consider other potential issues (such as MBD or hypervitaminosis of A). That is why I suggested better pictures are required and that it may not actually be SLS. I was not indicating that there is nothing wrong with the frog. Paul had that correct but the question was whether it was SLS or not.

The curling of the toes could be due to the frog simply having those digits bent under. The toes in dendrobatids are flexible....

Ed

. It sucks. Ed, you may be right that it is not SLS, but I still think Paul did the right thing to point out that the frog was not looking to be in good health.

JBear
In no way did/do I think Paul did the wrong thing by pointing it out. What I think may be a problem was making the post here since it often results in "a dog pile on the rabbit" scenario with the negative responses on Facebook or elsewhere so negative that they never get the education that is needed to resolve the problem.... That can drive/prevent newer frog people from the forums...

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.