Dendroboard banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Haha, thanks! I'm really looking forward to seeing some smurfs running around in there x)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Looking really good! I thought I would mention though that those plants you have in the water are not actually aquatic. They will be ok for a month or two, but they will eventually die and rot and foul up the water. They also get huge. I don't know why pet stores sell them as aquarium plants.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Looking really good! I thought I would mention though that those plants you have in the water are not actually aquatic. They will be ok for a month or two, but they will eventually die and rot and foul up the water. They also get huge. I don't know why pet stores sell them as aquarium plants.
Oh. Guess I'll be planting them outside, then xD

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
At the advice of Taari, I pulled the ribbon plants out of the water and planted them outside. Also added a fake vine.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hadn't actually looked at the pics on here on anything other than my phone and netbook so I decided to take a few pictures with my camera. Cleaned off Buddha with a ton of boiling water and added vents to keep the front clear and improve airflowfts!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #49 (Edited)
Was going to go down to oceanside and pick up a pair of frogs at lll reptile next week, but due to friend that lives down there and I having different days off work, won't be able to. so here's some shots of my dwarf puffers x)

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just thought I'd mention for future builds: the silicone probably didn't stick because you left it shiny and didn't rough it up. It's a huge pain in the ass, but my dad has this vibrating bosch tool with a pointy square bit on the end that I used to rough it up, and everything stuck perfectly, after 3 or 4 coats on each side. Good thing you got the black silicone, because it almost looks like rocks :)

Reactions: Los3r

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Just thought I'd mention for future builds: the silicone probably didn't stick because you left it shiny and didn't rough it up. It's a huge pain in the ass, but my dad has this vibrating bosch tool with a pointy square bit on the end that I used to rough it up, and everything stuck perfectly, after 3 or 4 coats on each side. Good thing you got the black silicone, because it almost looks like rocks :)
Yeah, I found out about that shortly after I built it. But at least I know now for the next one whenever that happens to be :D

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
The one I suspect is a male likes to walk right up to the front of the tank and stare at me x)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I was just about to ask how your frogs were doing. I know that there was much concideration involve with the depth of your pond and how you were going to keep things from going were they didn't belong. I am curious if there have been any issues with the frogs and the water. (Falling in) and what type of microfauna (I know that's not spelt right :) ) did you seed with. In a tank that size do you find that they sustain there numbers pritty well on there own. Or do you have to culture them as well as FF's. Sorry for all the ?'s just trying to soak up info :)

41 - 60 of 77 Posts