Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there,

My auratus's seem to be getting skinny! One of the frogs (the little runt of the egg batch) was always a bit skinny, but now he's REALLY skinny! I feed them a TON, what's going on?

Sorry for the image quality, it was taken with a 2 MP camera, I don't have access to my others right now.

The one on the left is the really skinny one.. The one on the right is starting to get skinny!

One of the fatter frogs becoming skinny! What's happening here? They eat a ton!

The two of them just cleaned over a hundred flys off that banana piece!

I feel really bad for letting this happen, any suggestions?

Also, could anyone identify their sex?

·
Registered
639 Posts
Do you regularly feed them a lot of flies? Try to up the amount of flies you give them. If that doesn't help, I'd send Dr. Frye a stool sample to see what kind of parasitic load they have.

Hope they get better soon.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have heard that fruit fly larvae is really fatty...maybe you could try to feed them some until you figure out what is wrong.

eve

·
Registered
292 Posts
Do you house these frogs together? Have you noticed any wrestling? Even though Auratus are relatively gregarious, they're still capable of bullying one another, leading to the weaker frog becoming stressed. As mentioned before, a fecal test is never a bad idea, either. Also, male Auratus tend to be more thin than females, so if they're old enough to start showing some sexual dimorphism, then that may be the case. Hope this helps!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts