Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My juvenile red Galac's are very skidish. I spray there cage about twice a day and every time they coudl be hanging out under leaf liter and start hoping to flee. Does this stress them? is it normal? My azureus just look at me then look around to see if any food is coming in.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Not to be anal, but it's 'skittish'. :wink:

Some frogs are just more nervous than others. They say that such and such frogs are bold, but it's really an individual trait. I've found some supposedly nervous animals are out all the time, and some who are supposed to be bold hide all the time. How long have you had them? It might help if you spend some time next to the tank without staring at them, I think that they feel like you might be a predator. My azureus tank has a chair right next to it, and I sit there and read or play video games. It really helped them get more used to me. Before that they used to hide a lot, now they're out all the time.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Beriss,
I would give them a little time. When I got my two red galacs, they were very, very nervous and would take off every time I opened the lid to the sweater box. Once they got a little older and went into the tank with the others they became the boldest, most active, most seen couple in the tank. One even takes ff from the tip of my finger now. When I first got them they really did not eat much. A couple of ffs and that was about it. Now they are huge, eating every ff in sight.
Hope this helps.
Rhonda

·
Registered
720 Posts
I have read that looking at them from above the tank makes you look like a predator, so looking from the side makes them less nervous. I think they adjust over time, if the tanks is heavily planted they will feel more secure. Also spraying my azureus tank and then feeding them seems to make them come out more, they like the rain alot I guess.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts