Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please tell me the name of the individual who is organizing and putting together Microcosm, out here in Washington State?

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
its not an individual, its a TWI event. Contact Corpus Callosum here on the board

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, was Lynnwood chosen because the name was drawn out of a hat, or was it chosen because it is the focal center to the backyards of some of the most legendary poison frog breeders in the US? I mean Todd and Christine, Tor, Phil, Darren Jon, myself, (I would more than likely fall into the infamous category... ) are all within 45 minutes of Lynnwood. (I know that Todd and Christine, and Phil, live within 5 minutes of the Embassy Suites...)

There is a reason I want to know. In the recent past, most shows out here were organized by a single entity; ED's Flymeat. With the way things are going, and ED's looking like they might be going away, I am curious as to who is doing the legwork.

Is there some Knights of the Round Table meeting for all decisions, or is there a LOCAL contact? I am looking for a name, not a Dendroboard handle. Corpus Callosum, or whatever you said, does not mean anything to me, and Dendroboard is not an easy entity for one to navigate. I have enough trouble finding my own stuff on here, let alone find someone else.

·
Registered
301 Posts
First of all, Ed's is not doing shows (as far as I know) this year, but I don't think we should predict their demise. That's their private business.

MICROCOSM is an event hosted by TWI. Several of us that make up the leadership of TWI live in the Pacific Northwest, either in the Seattle area, the Eastside or in Montana, so this is a logical population center for us to be able to organize in. In Lynnwood there is a hotel that suits our needs for the event in a beautiful, reasonably priced way, that's why it was chosen. Convenience for the organizers is always a plus.

John, there is a website for Microcosm that should give you most of the info you are seekeing, and if not, there's a contact form that will get to the appropriate people. http://microcosm.treewalkers.org

Take care,

Christina

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
I am looking for a name, not a Dendroboard handle.
The Microcosm planning committee consists of:

Ron Skylstad
Christina Hanson
Todd Kelley
Brent Brock
Matt Mirabello
Michael Khadavi

Ron is our committee head (and director of TWI), but contacting anyone on the committee is fine. As Christina said, the best way to contact us is through the contact form on our website here: Contact | Microcosm 2010 . When this form is filled out it submits an email to a few committee members, to ensure the best response time.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, the final post was what I have been hunting for. Christina, and anyone else who took that the wrong way, I did not mean that they are going away as not existing anymore, I was referencing something said to me that they were moving away from the area, and would not be here to do the shows like Northwest Frogfest. If I was given false information, I am sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts