Dendroboard banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
Joined
·
1,834 Posts
Silicone is pretty strong, but it has to cure completely. Until it cures, it is very weak and gooey. Plus it lets off fumes that might harm frogs. It's completely safe and quite strong once cured, though. I also use the GE Silicone II brand. Don't worry that it says on the tube not to use it on aquariums.
 

· Registered
Joined
·
1,834 Posts
geckguy said:
The mold inhibitor used in silicone can kill your frogs.
Most caulk and grout meant for bathrooms and kitchens has mold inhibitor in it. Mainly because high humidity makes these rooms ideal habitat for mold. And while we don't mind mold in the viv, having it staring at you from the bathtub is probably a different matter.
 
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top