Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the best way to remove the oily silicone residue left on the glass after you scrape off your excess (and mistakes....) i used fingernail polish remover on the outside, and it worked great, but i dont know if it is safe for the inside. Bear in mind that this is my first tank and it is in the building stages. frogs are safe and sound somewhere else =) Could i use the remover and be okay when i rinse the tank out before i put in the substrate?

·
Registered
639 Posts
I would use rubbing alcohol . If the frogs are not there I am assuming the tanks are not set up yet and would be easily rinsed. So I would use the alcohol and rinse it out.

TonyT

·
Registered
561 Posts
Melissa, I'm in the same boat. I used a plastic putty knife to remove the big stuff but there is a residue on the acrylic. I am going to try alcohol in an inconspicuous place to see how that works.
Ed

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had this problem and rubed, and rubed, and rubed, and rubed, to no avail. I'm going to try the alochol now, and we will see how it works. :)

·
Registered
639 Posts
I know that alcohol on plastic will cause a clouding effect on it. But if your using it along the edges or something it may not be to bad. I just wouldn't use to much in the "viewing" areas. Just .02

TonyT

1 - 9 of 9 Posts