Dendroboard banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an extra 20 gallon(long), and was considering using it as a vert. I have no conversion kits, nor the extra "fundage" for one. My plan was to use a wedge to tilt the viv backward away from the opening just enough so that a screen top can be put on the opened end and rest without falling forward. I would design a hindge of sorts assuredly to make sure the lid stayed in place. The viewing side/front would be solid glass, and the right side would be the accessable side. Has anyone tried this, and will it work?

All my thanks!

JBear

·
Registered
957 Posts
If I am imagining your description right it would work... but why? you could make a living hinge out of silicone and then all you need is some plastic window clips which are like 98 cents for 4 or something stupid like that. I think you could make the door for less than 5 bucks. if you dont want clips, just cut the class to fit extra snug in the aquarium lip or use a bead of silicone around the edge which will help secure it. I have also used no hinge before so the panel is removable. just cut to fit snug and no problemo. no wedges or balancing...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts