Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if a small amount of vasaline could be applied to the top of the tank to try to keep kydei from getting out? Has anyone ever tried this or any other methods of trying to keep them in?

-Shelley

·
Registered
399 Posts
hydei escapes

Shelly-

I keep a little piece of cut up apple in all my tanks. This seems to really help with the amount of escapees I have, and the frogs alway's know where to go for food.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just had a massive escapee problem. I fed a ton of FF's and they started crawling around all over the living room and then some. I made a ff trap. I placed some wine and water and a drop or 2 of dish soap in a yogurt cup. In 2 days the infestation was taken care of. They are attracted to the water and wine and when they fall in the soap breaks the surface tension of the mixture and they drown. Just place it at the top or near the tank so the escapees don't get so far as to crawl on you when your watching your favorite show or worse, when you're entertaining someone.

-Ben

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so the escapees don't get so far as to crawl on you when your watching your favorite show or worse, when you're entertaining someone.
:lol: Haha, that would suck huh! It sounds like you speak from experience. I have some excellent cricket catchers (my two dogs now know that the word "cricket" means look down and find it) but I don't think that my beasts would do so hot with fruit flies. I have tried putting a piece of apple in the tank and maybe some banana in a few days when that goes bad. Seems to work nicely though. I also want to check out that no-see-um mesh stuff, just haven't had time to. Thanks for the info guys!

-Shelley

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.