Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

A week ago I bought 3 Azureus (Two males and a female) and introduced them to my vivarium. One seems to be doing fine and is very active and feeding well. The other two don't seem to move much at all and they don't appear to be eating. Compared to the "well" one, they also look a bit thin. At what point should I remove them?? I understand that it can take a while for new frogs to settle in, but how long can they last without feeding?

Thanks

Ben

·
Registered
387 Posts
They're probably just trying to get used to the new tank. They can go a while without eating, just make sure there's a good microfauna population.
When I got my first frogs, it was months before I ever saw them eat flies in the open.

Could you post some pictures?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Do you have leaf litter in their viv? That tends to help them feel more secure by giving them many hiding places.

·
Registered
113 Posts
They do look skinny to me but it could just be the photos... they may be fine and figuring things out, but if you're concerned more information would really help us help you if you want to be sure.

What size tank are they in? age of the frogs? Type of flies you're feeding? Do you have a full tank shot? How often do are misting? How long have you had them? What condition were they in when you got them? etc...

If they were that skinny when you got them, they may need more small feedings rather than larger feedings too. Weight has to be added on slowly rather than quickly.

In my experience, it's better not to panic. Just feed consistently, dust well, and mist often, trying not to disturb them too much. They usually fatten up and eat well over time. The more they eat and the more comfortable they get, the more bold they become too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts