Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, I recently got a couple intermedius from patrick. They're beautiful little frogs, and are doing well, but are shy as can be. I haven't seen one of them for a few days now, and the other hasn't been out for a couple days. any way I can get them to be a little less shy? they're in separate kritter keeper type cages (5.5 gallons), with leca on the bottom, a couple small broms and a couple plants, and magnolia leaves. They're always hanging out underneath the leaves somewhere, and every once in a while they'll be seen climbing the sides.

and another question, is it possible to have too many springtails in a cage? when I set up the tanks I added a fair amount of springtails, and now they're pretty abundant in the tanks. not overrunning it, but are noticeable. thanks!

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
My intermedius were shy for the first week or two, I also got mine from Patrick, but after that they became some of my boldest frogs. I open the lid and they hop towards the little dish I put their flies in.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Springtails are beneficial in a tank, they break down waste, and provide supplemental food. The frogs will quickly take care of the extra springtails, they shouldnt pose a problem unless the floor of their tank is covered with them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts