Dendroboard banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would 45psi be enough to power around 10 mist nozzles? And what exactly does automatic shutoff at 45psi mean?

-Luke

·
Registered
120 Posts
Luke,

The amount of nozzles is not depending of the pressure of your pump. It depends of the flow rate. You must have enough water for the 10 nozzles. So you can multiply the flowrate of 1 nozzle by 45 PSI (3.1 bar) x 10 pcs + some extra for the piping loss to be sure you have enough.

·
Registered
617 Posts
The Shurflo pumps that I have used had a built in circuit breaker of sorts. When the max pressure is reached the breaker will open and cause the pump to turn off. It will then pump again, when pressure decreases, and cycle back to max pressure and shut off. To overcome this, I had installed a pressure gauge with a bleed valve at the end of the mister run. It allowed pressure to be adjusted to maintain max pressure on time with no cycling. The water bled off the valve was run as a return line to the reservoir. I used a 12V 65 psi pump to run 28 misting heads all plumbed with 1/2" PCV.

John R.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What about 2.8gpm?

·
Registered
617 Posts
That would be the actual flow rate. The pump's output would be 2.8 Gallons Per Minute (gpm)? Or are you refering to the mist head?

John R.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok...wel for example this is a pump i was looking at:

SPECS

Model # 2088-422-144

Flow = 2.8 Gallons Per Minute / 10.6 Liters Per Minute

Volts = 12v - 13.7v

Amps = 7.0 Max

FEATURES

Multi Fixture Application

Dimensions 7.84"" x 5.00" x 4.62"

Shut-off Pressure @ 40 PSI

Quite Performance

Self-Priming

Runs Dry Without Damage

Built-in Check Valve

1/2 “ Inlet & Outlet

How would this pump do?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Your type of pump is the Premier pump. Link http://www.shurflo.com/pages/RV/rv_cate ... matic.html If you click on this pump type you see that there is no product data sheet available. If you look to the premium pump you see that there is a product data sheet. If you open the product data sheet you find on page 2 of the PDF file a performance curve. I think that you can use this one because the pumps are almost the same.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Are how bout this one? It's a flojet.

MODEL 04305510 A. 12 VOLT, 7 AMPS, FLO 3.0 GPM, 50 PSI

1 - 11 of 11 Posts