Dendroboard banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of D. Surinam cobalt's from Patrick Nabors in a thirty gal tank. I also have a lone probable male in another tank from a different blood line (i just got him from a local pet store, it was my first frog) would it be bad to mix lines? or would it be better? Also how do two male one female groups do? Ill post pics of the probable male.

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
I honestly wouldn't mix them if you don't have any genetic information on the one from the pet store. It may or may not be the exact same locale as your pair from Nabors.
Also, yes- you would want to avoid having two female tincs in the same tank.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I don't know, surinam cobalts have been in the hobby a long time, and I doubt that theres any spot on location info for them. If not, I would mix lines
Agreed, unless your new one is one of the so called southern cobalts or a recent wc animal, I would mix them. Just make sure they all feed at the same time and that you don't see any aggression.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I don't know, surinam cobalts have been in the hobby a long time, and I doubt that theres any spot on location info for them. If not, I would mix lines
Yes, correct me if I'm wrong, but other than the new "southern cobalts" or whatever they are called that were just imported, I think all of the other old ones have no separate locale data and at this point a cobalt is a cobalt, same with azureus, the majority of leucs (other than the known separate ones), etc.
Bryan

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
If you bought your unknown frog fromt he place I think you did (and I have a strong feeling you did), I believe he orders most (all?) his dart frogs from a local breeder. It shouldn't be too hard to do a brief lineage to figure out where your frog came from (or at least the lineage if he feels uncomfortable giving out the name of his supplier).

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ya I should really look into it, and i'm sure your thinking of Animal Ark and your right. LOL. I would not do in again though, just because they over-charge for tiny frogs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts