Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my trio of Bicolors on Tue. from Bill at Quality Exotics, they look great, and two of them are very active, the third seems to spend most of his time hiding under moss or leaves in their shoebox. I have also only witnessed one of them eating. I realize that this may not constitute a problem in itself, but I would like to make sure they are all staying healthy. What is a good # of FFs to be introducing into the tank per frog daily? I don't want to stress them needlessly with excess flies crawling all over. FYI: the shoebox has a gravel/leca substrate with a couple of pothos cuttings, some sphagnum, and a paper towel for a hiding spot. The temp during the day is a constant 76* F, a couple degrees cooler at night, with an average humidity of 80%.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Just keep enough flies in the container so that when you open your shoebox to feed them, there's a few flies left over from the last time you fed. Sometimes it takes a little while for frogs to become comfortable enough in their new environment to begin to feed. Bicolors are pretty hardy frogs to say the least, so I wouldn't worry too much about them unless the frogs begin to lose weight noticeably. Hope this helps!

G

·
Shipping is very stressful for froglets. Randy is on the money with his reply. Just give all new froglets a few days to adjust.
It is day 4, how are the frogs feeding now? Bicolor are very bold and hardy so they should be eating like champs.

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Doing better

They're still a little timid, but not too afraid of me. At feeding time, they're usually hiding under some cork, but I can hear their tongues snapping away at the flies that wander too close. And usually by the next day there are very few flies remaining in the tank, so I know they're getting eaten at some point during the day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts