Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure many of you have seen this offered for sale on the Frognet classifieds by Steven Budidharma, along with Lesser waxworms. Does anyone have any idea what these things are? I've never heard of them before. He says they're as big as D. Melongaster, and I've had some Dermestid species that were around this size, the frogs would eat them, but they were a real pain, they could fly and they'd be everywhere. The only good thing about these were that a species of Trichogramma also inhabited the same culture as these, and seemed to feed off of the larvae. If anyone has any experience about these, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks, Frank.

·
Registered
475 Posts
About the shorelinite beetles, I found them inside a sera micron container back in 98. They could fly, like most other beetles, but not a flier. I'd say 99.999% of the time, they would rather you pick them up than flying away. And you can feed the adult directly to frogs. I've tried it with tinc group and E. tricolor group for a long period of time.

They eat grains, I culture them like rice flour beetles....

And I have no idea what their scientific name is.

SB

·
Registered
475 Posts
Yes, but they normally build hardshells around them (like a cocoon). It's a matter of cracking the shells (taking a bit of time). The larva is much smaller than the rice four beetle though.

SB

1 - 7 of 7 Posts