Dendroboard banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just bought a new alpha series sony cam and thought id start playing with it and take some pics. these are a few pics of some of my wilson popes and south popes that I snapped on the first day I bought the cam..... zero skills...will post way better pics in a bit.

Attachments

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
any tips on how to resize pics here on dendro??? i hate it when they come out tiny like this

·
Registered
797 Posts
Tiny frogs + tiny pictures = squinting :p

I like using places like photobucket.com, you can do a bit of editing on that site as well.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
At least nobody can say that it's not a great shot...:D

·
Registered
193 Posts
Good stuff man.. How big are those compared to cristo's or basti's?

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good stuff man.. How big are those compared to cristo's or basti's?
I want to say the further south you go in popas the bigger they get as my norths are way smaller than my souths....i also acquired some of the new imports, and these are still bigger compared to some golden centrals and norths....so I think theyre very much like a basti. very very bold

@ antonio.... thanks bro.

·
Banned
327 Posts
So I'm no pro or anything but here's a few tips on getting good shots. Stuff you can play around with.

Shooting stuff in flourescent lighting is tough sometimes. The main things you should play with is the flourescent balance setting and play with the aperture. Aperture is the F stop. Think more light= lower aperture. Also for shutter speed try a little faster like 1/60 or so.

I'm curious to see how your photos come out because I'm interested in getting that camera and wondered about the macro capabilities of the camera. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
They look really nice. I've always like the more subtle colors of the blue and green with these compared to the many red/blue varieties. I will probably pick up a pair of some form of popas or another similar looking type in the future... but for now I will keep focusing on the pumilio I already have.
Bryan

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I'm no pro or anything but here's a few tips on getting good shots. Stuff you can play around with.

Shooting stuff in flourescent lighting is tough sometimes. The main things you should play with is the flourescent balance setting and play with the aperture. Aperture is the F stop. Think more light= lower aperture. Also for shutter speed try a little faster like 1/60 or so.

I'm curious to see how your photos come out because I'm interested in getting that camera and wondered about the macro capabilities of the camera. Good luck.
wait till I post pics I took of my bastis and blue jeans....after a week of toying with it I finally got a sense for it....get it, youll def love this cam. best $700 ive spent on electronics so far.......ok, second to a ps3

·
Registered
48 Posts
wait till I post pics I took of my bastis and blue jeans....after a week of toying with it I finally got a sense for it....get it, youll def love this cam. best $700 ive spent on electronics so far.......ok, second to a ps3
Great looking frogs. Good cameras are a lot of fun, and definitely worth the money if you'll use it often. Also... I have to say I also love my PS3 :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts