Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Am I wrong to think that this many frogs, of all different species, ages, and even two different sexed groups, shouldn't be kept together? Especially in such a relatively small tank..?

Mark

·
Registered
701 Posts
Wow, that looks like a 12x12x18, or smaller. What a selfish f*ck if I might say. Obviously someone has never seen darts kept as pets before and bought 3 of them to just have fun. What an a**

·
Registered
635 Posts
Wow, What a D***, it seems to me to be an 18x18x18 or 24x18x18. Yet, hes still an ass for putting different PDFS in there. :mad:

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Wow, that looks like a 12x12x18, or smaller. What a selfish f*ck if I might say. Obviously someone has never seen darts kept as pets before and bought 3 of them to just have fun. What an a**
Wow, What a D***, it seems to me to be an 18x18x18 or 24x18x18. Yet, hes still an ass for putting different PDFS in there.
Or maybe this person just doesn't know any better? It's unfortunate, but it happens all the time. Pet store wants more money... "yes you can keep all of these different species together, they will do great".
I don't like it, and unfortunately he might not realize he is doing something wrong until a few die, but he might honestly think this is acceptable, or not... Just saying.
Bryan

·
Registered
701 Posts
looking at his other vids, he seemed to be kinda smart, but he looks lie he added all of his frogs into 1 tank.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Feeding adult tinctorius springtails seems a little cruel to me. Not the best set-up, but the frogs look in good condition.

Richard.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Wow, What a D***, it seems to me to be an 18x18x18 or 24x18x18. Yet, hes still an ass for putting different PDFS in there. :mad:
Hehe, I just wanted to be an ass****:D

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Feeding adult tinctorius springtails seems a little cruel to me. Not the best set-up, but the frogs look in good condition.

Richard.
I don't know about that... I thought I could see the ribs on one of the reginas that was picking off springtails...

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I counted at least five! In addition to the two tincs and the azureus, I thought I saw an E. anthonyi and a smaller frog in the middle of the brom. He probably doesn't know better or he wouldn't be posting videos on YouTube. Most people see aquariums with a variety of tropical fish and think they can do the same with tropical frogs.
Wow, that looks like a 12x12x18, or smaller. Obviously someone has never seen darts kept as pets before and bought 3 of them to just have fun.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
That's an 18" cube... and the set up is crap. I'm betting he hasn't had his darts for very long and that's why they're all in good shape. Give him two months and he'll find out just how bit a dumbass he's being....

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Or maybe this person just doesn't know any better? It's unfortunate, but it happens all the time. Pet store wants more money... "yes you can keep all of these different species together, they will do great".
I don't like it, and unfortunately he might not realize he is doing something wrong until a few die, but he might honestly think this is acceptable, or not... Just saying.
Bryan

There's a petri dish under the coco-hut. He knows what he's up to.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There are TEN different frogs there. Including three different groups with ONE place to lay egegs and NO hiding places.

"It's 1.0 dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus' 1.1 dendrobates tinctorius 'regina' 3.1 epipedobates anthonyi and 1.2 ranitomeya ventrimaculata"

That's the caption on the video.

Mark

·
Registered
543 Posts
Little bit speechless here. Where are the other 2 vents? Such a sterile looking tank, obviously hasn't ben set up too long. No leaf litter, and very little in the way of plants. Sad, really.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Well if he know the nomenclature for listing the sexes and the species names, then he likely does know better. But, I bet he doesn't know enough to keep them alive.
There are TEN different frogs there. Including three different groups with ONE place to lay egegs and NO hiding places.

"It's 1.0 dendrobates tinctorius 'azureus' 1.1 dendrobates tinctorius 'regina' 3.1 epipedobates anthonyi and 1.2 ranitomeya ventrimaculata"

That's the caption on the video.

Mark

1 - 20 of 32 Posts