Dendroboard banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought 4 Azureus from a someone and they shipped out yesterday from AZ but do to adverse weather at one of the airports in KY they won't make it to VA until thursday now. These will be my first frogs and I have no idea if they will make it. They were packed with moist java moss and plant clippings. Does anyone have experince with late delievery of frogs? Think they will survive?

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Azureus are pretty hardy and aside from that you have no idea of knowing where the box will physically be during the cold stretches. I wouldn't worry yourself too much and I think you have a good shot at them being just fine.

·
Premium Member
2,143 Posts
If the temps are not too extreme and they were packed well, they should be fine.

I have had numerous shipments, coming and going, get lost for a day or two and be just fine.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
My Varaderos were misplaced by the post office and ended up taking 48 hours. I was so worried and my shipper seemed so unconcerned. "Relax", he said, "really, they'll be just fine".
When they arrived, I swear they were so well packed that they could have taken another 48 hours with no problems.
Especially if your shipper used Phase 22 shipping packs.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I've had frogs take two days to get to me twice because of USPS delivery misquotes. Azureus were in both shipments and the frogs arrived perfectly healthy both times. I'd say you have a fair shot at them surviving, provided they're not kept in extremes. Expect them to possibly look a little thin from the days without food.

·
Registered
116 Posts
It's always a 50/50 shot.......I've had very well packed Frogs come DOA when delivered before schedule, and I've had very poorly packed LOA Frogs come in after being delayed for two days........It's always a gamble when shipping Amphibians......I've seen many Hyla species look like they just about turned themselves inside out at some point in the trip.......It happens, so as a seller you try to pack for the best and hope it doesn't come to that point.....

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had a issue like that where I got a pair of Cobalts and they didn't show up the next morning like there were supposed to. I was lucky had a great breeder that did everything he could to try to find out what happened. The post office pretty much lost the box and had no record of it so we figured the frogs would be DOA. The second day came and went and still nothing but my postman was really cool and waited after hours for the box to arrive and delivered it to me on day 2 at 7pm. The frogs were fine and have been doing great since.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I agree that it really depends on how the were packed. I've seen such bad shipping methods that they didn't arrive alive even though they were on time. Did you find out if the seller offers a live arrival guarantee?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Great news. Azureus are tough little guys.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Nice to hear. Gotta love all the hurdles we go through with shipping!

·
Registered
211 Posts
Glad to hear they made it. I just had 2 pumilio shipped this week that got held up in Memphis because of a storm. They were being shipped by Fed-ex and and got here 24hrs late. Unfortunately they didn't make it. I was so upset and will probably think twice about shipping for a while.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
How were they shiped? In a styrofoam cooler box? Phase 22 panels? Heat packs? Just curious.

David

Glad to hear they made it. I just had 2 pumilio shipped this week that got held up in Memphis because of a storm. They were being shipped by Fed-ex and and got here 24hrs late. Unfortunately they didn't make it. I was so upset and will probably think twice about shipping for a while.

·
Registered
211 Posts
David,
They were shipped in a styro box inside a cardboard box, within the styro box was a cool pack. If I had to guess I think they may have got too cold at some point during the shipment process. I'm no expert, just my opinion.

Jim G.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts