Dendroboard banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering where I can find 18 hour heat packs (Locally) and would also like to hear of others with there shipping experiences for Dart Frogs. As far as stuff like packaging, insulation used, stuff like that.
Thanks in advance.
Josh

·
Registered
4,548 Posts
I've only shipped a couple of times, both of which were succesful, I used 40 hr. heat packs. I did a search on this site, and that was the recomended heat pack, they are milder, and last longer. The 20 hr packs reach a much higher peak temp, which may be a problem. Either way, I got my heat packs from Superior enterprizes, (use the link in the previous post) they carry a good array of heat packs, as well as other shipping supplies, and culture cups.
Good luck!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the info. I am just going to order some of the 40 hour heat packs. The handwarmers scare me a bit just because they don't last very long. Thanks again.

G

·
Heat packs are tricky, so be careful. A 60 hour heat back still cranks up to 120 degrees F at its peak. You place that sucker in a small styro cooler and you got an oven. I really believe that the only safe way to use heatpacks are applying them to the inside base and sides on the external box, so they heat the air around the styro cooler. A well packed and sealed styro cooler box system can withstand some serious conditions. ProPack boxes are great!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts