Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Is there any place where I can get replacement glass for my zoomed 18X18X24 front door of the terrarium? The door fell of and shattered on my floor...:(

Any suggestions are appreciated.:)

·
Registered
552 Posts
was it brand new and it fell?
u can look on thier website or call them to ask if you can
or buy some plexiglass and make it urself
I'd recommend against acrylic, it'll warp quite too much and will result in escapes!

I haven't had a good look at the exo doors but getting a replacement piece of glass might be an option.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Hang on. Pumilo will come along to save the day :D
Look! Up in the sky! It's a bird! It's a plane! Oh, it's just some shmuck that slashed his thumb open on a broken window yesterday.
Sorry, but I've never owned a Zoomed. I see that there are some plastic parts on there but I don't know if they are permanently attached to the glass or if the glass can be easily replaced. First off, acrylic would be a really bad choice. It will definitely warp and you'll have frog jerky on your hands. If you can replace the glass within the plastic frame, you can get it cut at a smaller, mom and pop hardware store, or an Ace Hardware. Most Lowes and Home Depots don't deal with glass anymore. You could also look up window repair in the phone book but you will pay more through a glass shop. Alternatively, you might be able to get some scrap for free from a glass shop and cut it down to size yourself. You will want to smooth the edges for safety, both for yourself and for the frogs. You can simply sand the edges smooth. I like to use a Random Orbital Sander for a nice smooth edge. You can also use a belt sander. Something around a 120 grit works nicely. 80 grit would be faster but wouldn't look as nice. 220 grit would take longer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Pumilo speaks the truth... but a word of caution, glass dust is really bad for your lungs and eyes... so you should do 2 things: wear a respirator and goggles, and use plenty of water when sanding with wet dry paper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts