Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a little extra time this evening a thought I might share a few pics with the guys. Oops and gals..

Im not sure how to post the pics, If your intrested I posted a few pics in the photo gallery under Reptiledan. Thanks for looking Dan[/url]

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I love your rack set-up; lights, misting system, and stands. Your frog pics are nice too!!

Did you make the oak rack stand yourself or is that purchased?

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
Nice tanks could you explain your 10gal lids and/or post a closeup of them. Also maybe explain the shelf they are on.

I am looking to build something like that in my basement and am looking for ideas.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I built the oak set-up from scratch. The oak cabinet is furniture grade. The glass enclosures seem to be working ok, but there are a few things that I would due different if I built another. Total cost for the whole thing was about $1800, to include plants. The frogs were extra. Thanks for looking. Dan

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Kyle
I still dont know how to post pics, so here are the links, or just go to my photo album. Step by step first, the lids are 1/8 glass cut 9 3/4 x 15 inches. I drilled 1 7/16 hole 4 inches from the back to hold a nozzle. Then a standard aquarium hinge, the front was 1/8 acrilic with a vent cut in the middle (6x2) and screen or mesh glued into place.
The tanks is drilled 1 1/2 inched from the front and a 1/8 x 3/8 plastic barb connector was siliconed to the bottom (I thought bulkheads were to spendy)
The shelf was built with 2x4s with a slight slant, actually 1/2 lower in the front so the water drains forward. The shelf is 18 inches deep which leaves 2 inches on the front to build a gutter system. I used 1 1/2 inch PVC with 1/3 of the top cut off, the gutters all tie into a drain at the end and I use a 5 gal bucket to collect the bad water at the bottom.
Shop lights actually light all the shelves and moss grows fine in the 10 gal on a bed of gravel and spagnum. Hope this helps and if you need more pics shoot me a e-mail and I will send them direct. It is very time consuming posting to a gallery and then to the forum [email protected]
is my e-mail. Best of luck Dan

·
Registered
696 Posts

http://www.dendroboard.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10740/normal_IM000049.JPG[img]
[img]http://www.dendroboard.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10740/normal_IM000050.JPG

To post pics you need the actual file with the .jpeg at the end. So right click on the picture and it will be the address in the properties. Keep the same tags.
Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts