Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't post often but figured somebody would get a good laugh out of this one. A while back my brother gave me four Patricias. I have been growing them out in a terrarium that I knew was a temporary solution because of the size. I decided that today was the day to move them to their new home. I was pretty excited and I was trying to figure out the best way to move them. The plant growth is pretty heavy in that original terrarium and I decided to try to move them by hand. That seemed to be the best way for me to get to them. I watched for a few minutes to track them down and see which one seemed to be the easiest to get to. It ended up that the largest one was sitting in a small clearing that I could reach pretty easily. I slowly moved in and put my hand close. At the last second as I started to close my hand this little guy hopped right out the door and onto the carpet. I scrambled to get to him before I lost him in the disarray of my not so tidy room. He managed to hop about 20 feet in 2 seconds and made it under a shelf where I could not see him. I got down on my stomach and used a flashlight to peer under the shelf. Bingo!!! I saw him. I put my arm under the shelf and immediately the frog hopped out right next to my head. I tried to catch him and lost sight of him. I was really worried at this point that I was going to crush him when I was trying to get up. I slowly got up and turned in a slow circle looking for him. I couldn't see him anywhere. Just as I was really starting to freak out I felt something on my neck.:eek: As near as I can figure, this frog had actually managed to jump onto my back and as I was turning around he crawled up to the side of my neck. I managed to use both hands to corral him and got him into the new terrarium. The remaining frogs went a little easier but they were all pretty hard for me to move.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Haha, awesome story. I bet he was stoked to ride his human to safety though! :p

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Frog: DON'T EAT MEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!
I am sure that had to be a stressful adventure for him. :) I was trying to be very gentle but I can only imagine his fear. Thank goodness he climbed up instead of down. I may not have found him at all until it was too late if he had climbed down my back.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts