Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
its extremly hard to tell, almost impossible to tell their sexes inless you hear or see calling from a male or get eggs from a known female. Not saying it cant be done ( I couldnt) but its very hard

·
Registered
118 Posts
I find that once they are sexually mature the females are more round and the males lean. At least this is true of my imis.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
its extremly hard to tell, almost impossible to tell their sexes inless you hear or see calling from a male or get eggs from a known female. Not saying it cant be done ( I couldnt) but its very hard
I don't really find this to be true.. adult thumbs are usually pretty dimorphic from what I've seen. Egg-laden females can be slightly larger and MUCH fatter than most males. It does seem to take some time for this dimorphism to show.... as subadults the difference is way more subtle. Just my experience...

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't really find this to be true.. adult thumbs are usually pretty dimorphic from what I've seen. Egg-laden females can be slightly larger and MUCH fatter than most males. It does seem to take some time for this dimorphism to show.... as subadults the difference is way more subtle. Just my experience...
I feel like I read something somewhere that said the males are rectangular at the vent while the females tend to be pionty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts