Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just learning how to do this.. so this will be my first attempt.
These are my 1 year and 3 month auratus, been shacking up in the hut:

Male on left female on right?

This is a terrible pic of my cobalts so not gonna try based on this pic.. but these guys have been spending a lot of time together too :)
I am saying male on right female on left.. but.. again.. bad pic..this was just to show that the deboard family house is beginning to rock so dont come a knockin lol.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I explained the cobalts pic was just to show off the cobalts.. I knew it was a bad pic.. What I think to be a male and female are always together.. so.. woohoo.. They are roughly 9 months old..

The auratus pic I thought you could tell from it as you can see the toe pads really well.. I will try to get a top down pic.. They have already been identified as a 2.1, not by me, this is what the person who sold them to me said. I think I agree though.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Yeah I explained the cobalts pic was just to show off the cobalts.. I knew it was a bad pic.. What I think to be a male and female are always together.. so.. woohoo.. They are roughly 9 months old..

The auratus pic I thought you could tell from it as you can see the toe pads really well.. I will try to get a top down pic.. They have already been identified as a 2.1, not by me, this is what the person who sold them to me said. I think I agree though.
To me, the auratus belly pics look like the toe pads are very equal. The left frog does have thinner toes exagerating the pads though. The Tincs look young to me. The pic doesn't show the frog in the back's toes well enough. Are you seeing any stroking from a female or calling from a male? In either viv?

JBear

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah the tinc pic was just to show them.. actually I was just playing around with this thread. Not trying to get a straight sex on each of these. I was just trying to learn a bit.

No calling on the auratus yet, cant hardly get better pics. These guys are really skiddish. I just got them a couple weeks ago. There isnt much in the tank so they didnt have many places to hide. Didn thave much leaf litter.
I sprayed it down good, took the heat pad off, and put a ton of leaf litter when I got it now they are coming around quite a bit. The one couple stay together 100%, within an inch of each other. They have been playing around in the cocohut all day for the last few days. I played an auratus call for them last night and one of them came out from the leaf and towards my phone.

One question, I assumed auratus call was very quite, almost undetectable like tincs. When playing the sound clip though it seemed quite loud instead of a dull hum. Do they have a decent call?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts