Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so Im bored so attempting to get some pics of my frogs today and possibly sexing them. I started out with my two bakhuis. To me they seem like two possible females as both are quite plump. Sorry for the pictures as I no longer have my dslr. Any help would be great.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi Vinner,

Bakhuis tincs are best IDd by toepads. The females are very narrow and the adult males definitely wider. If you can get a few good toepad shots, it would be helpful.

Take care, Richard.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Richard,

I will try and get a few today if not tomorrow if I can.

Vinny

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks mark and that is what I am really hoping for. But now that I know that the toe pads are usually a good indicator I feel like it is possibly two males. They both seem fairly wide to me.

I feel I should have mentioned that they are around 8 months oow (give r take) I forget the exact which chesney told me.

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi Vinner,

The first frog is clearly a male. My best guess is that the second is a female (though most of my females have very narrow toepads). You should mist them very heavily and watch over the next day to see the male calling and what reaction (if any) you see from the probable female.

Good luck, Richard.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
To me the body shape of that 2nd frog screams female, obviously seeing a frog in person makes IDing much easier but man it sure looks like a pair.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts