Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how early can u tell the males from the females? i got some in today from BJ and their about an inch, i assume around 8 months maybe. i would post pics but no digital cam. the largest one has pretty big toepads though

G

·
leucs are extremely hard to sex. Some people say that the only way to sex them is during breeeding season, because of their behavior. The toepads method does not work 80% of the time. Which is true because my pair had the same size toepads. The best way is to see a sex leuc and compare it with yours. The female will be larger then the male.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I agree with Jason, that the females are larger than the male leucs. Typicaly the males start calling around 7-8 months old, and that's the easiest way to tell.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mine are around an inch, maybe a little bigger. that would seem to be around 8 months+ right?

·
Administrator
13,228 Posts
You'll know when you hear your male, they can make some noise. Mine called at about 6-7 months old.

john_159 said:
how early can u tell the males from the females? i got some in today from BJ and their about an inch, i assume around 8 months maybe. i would post pics but no digital cam. the largest one has pretty big toepads though

1 - 5 of 5 Posts