Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Great read ! Look forward to the auratus and leuc sexing article :)

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
nice, zach. have you tried measuring svl btw male and females? would be interesting to see if there is a standard deviation within certain populations.

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
Nice! :D

Feedback: I think the way you used the red line to show differences in length, width, angle, was very effective. It helps the viewer to actually see what it is people are talking about when they say things like "females look like they're sitting back more than males."

·
Registered
835 Posts
Zach, not sure why you had to get so technical. There is a far easier way.

If you look closely at any Tinc, females are always talking on their cell phone. Conversely, males always have a tiny tv remote control, although there seems to be a great disparity in brand choice. :D

Great blog sir. Very much looking forward to part 2!

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys!

nice, zach. have you tried measuring svl btw male and females? would be interesting to see if there is a standard deviation within certain populations.
Ray, I had actually considered that, but then thought about how variable svl length (and size) is dependent on husbandry. I have noticed that there is a larger difference between the sexes on some locales of tinctorius, and plan to explore that more thoroughly in a future blog.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts