Dendroboard banner

Sexing Azureiventris

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mickipedic 
#1 ·
I have a trio of azureventris I got back in March of this year, they were about four months out of the water then so that puts them just under a year now. Two if them look almost identical while the third seems a bit fatter, but I can't tell if it's a female or just a fatter frog and my wishful thinking. I haven't heard any calling although my boyfriend swears he's heard them singing softly on a few occasions.
Here is a picture of the one thats a bit bigger and one of the smaller frogs.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I know I have at least 1 calling male in my trio, but other than that, I can't tell if I do indeed have a female or not, as I havent even been able to catch him mid call. For whatever reason, this species runs extremely male heavy. I heard my first calling when they were about 4 to 5 month OOW. They tend to call early, and call late, or not at all.

#6 ·
I have two, but haven’t heard any calling yet. I’m somewhat uncertain of my frog’s ages, but they’re probably between 3-6 months out of the water. I’ve heard that if you play (on repeat) a sound clip of a calling male sometimes that will get the males to start calling..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.