Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a trio of azureventris I got back in March of this year, they were about four months out of the water then so that puts them just under a year now. Two if them look almost identical while the third seems a bit fatter, but I can't tell if it's a female or just a fatter frog and my wishful thinking. I haven't heard any calling although my boyfriend swears he's heard them singing softly on a few occasions.
Here is a picture of the one thats a bit bigger and one of the smaller frogs.

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts
I know I have at least 1 calling male in my trio, but other than that, I can't tell if I do indeed have a female or not, as I havent even been able to catch him mid call. For whatever reason, this species runs extremely male heavy. I heard my first calling when they were about 4 to 5 month OOW. They tend to call early, and call late, or not at all.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did read they were male heavy, but was hoping I might luck out and find myself with a female. Hopefully you have a female too!
Here's to wishing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have two, but haven’t heard any calling yet. I’m somewhat uncertain of my frog’s ages, but they’re probably between 3-6 months out of the water. I’ve heard that if you play (on repeat) a sound clip of a calling male sometimes that will get the males to start calling..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Mine all started to call around 6 months or so, but not until after I played a recorded call. Trust me, once they start, you'll hear it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts