Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know some of you guys love to show your skills.

I have a couple leucs that I have held back that are around a year old. One of them started calling a few weeks ago. I am ready to sell them to start a new project, but would like to sell them as a likely pair if there is a good chance that the other is female. I wasn't thinking of charging more. I just figured that they would attract more interest if I could honestly tell people that there was a pretty good possibility that the frog in the pics below is a female.

Here are the pics. The small brown streaks on its back are from the tank's laterite clay background.

Thanks for your help.

The last pic (with the arrow shaped head marking)is the calling male.

Attachments

·
Registered
635 Posts
They seem like both males to me, but that just my opinion. You just gotta wait to see if you get some clutches, other than that you cant really know for sure if you got a female.

·
Registered
297 Posts
For me Leucs are hard to sex. I thought they were both females until I read your thread again... doh. That is a healthy male. :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a leucomelas that is about 14 months old which has never called, even to repeated playings of recorded calling. I'm guessing at this point I have a female, so I'd be interested in your male if you do end up selling it. Actually, as I'm not 100% of the sex, I'd love to just go ahead and get both :D I love my leucomelas, she needs buddies!

·
Registered
635 Posts
You can tell the sex of a leuc after about a year old or even sooner. Once you get a leuc that over 5 months old and you see and hear it call then you know its a male. Thats one way. Another way is looking at its front toes. Males have a wider tip than females.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts