Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
how would a female/male react to a call?
Good question. I played calls for my two auratus, by placing a small speaker in their tank, and here's what happened. The one I am trying to sex paid it no attention. The one that I have seen call, got up next to the speaker and assumed a submissive position, lol. So now the alpha male in my auratus tank is a speaker.

On the other hand, when I played calls for my Leucs, the female was falling all over herself trying to get to where the call was coming from. The male did nothing until I turned it off, and then he started calling.

:D

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
how would a female/male react to a call?
Usually females will react with quite interest. Looking around for where the noise is coming from. They will start to become more active and interested. Males will tend to call back to the recording/other male. This is in my experience. I'm not saying this will be the reaction for the males and females every time.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i put the computer right next to the tank with the lid of and both off, and the frogs hopped to the other side of the tank, im gonna play it again today and see what happens

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.