Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a 40 gallon breeder from petco the other day. Wanted to set up with Leucs. How many can go into this size vivarium and do I need to put a water feature?? I would kinda like to keep it simple. was looking at doing hydroton as a false bottom and just put a large water dish in. Any recommendation would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
413 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah thanks I have been reading alot over the past few weeks. Just finally signed up to start posting. Thanks for the quick reply.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
You can keep more frogs in a tank when they have more visual barriers and hiding places. Simple setups are okay, but they still ought to be living vivariums. Use live plants, put some driftwood in it so your frogs have something to climb over/hide under. It doesn't need to be super elaborate, but you sould have the necessities like living plants and leaf litter.

The water bowl is not necessary if you keep humidity up. Best way to do this is to avoid using a screen top and use something that limits air flow a little better so that the tank takes a lot longer to dry out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts