Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I post here not as a frog owner (albeit I do own a high red Ceratophrys oranata) but as a centipede owner. I have recently obtained one of my dream pedes, a younger 8” Scolopendra gigantea sp “white leg”. I am familiar with the premise that the Habisphere is less than ideal for most dart frogs, but I feel it would serve a great way to display this creature. It was a pretty intense thought even back in college of 2016 to get one and put it in one of these things set up bioactively. Unfortunately by the time I got the centipede I wanted, the complimentary enclosure been discontinued for 3 years. I cannot seem to track it down in the US, and the Singaporean and French sites I do manage to skulk it on do not ship to the USA. Would anyone have any leads on how to obtain this obscure thing? I know it’s an odd request, but Exo Terra was only able to give me the product number PT3835 but couldn’t do much else understandably. If anyone does have leads or ideas, I would love to hear them. Mind you, I live in northeast Georgia, and my pet shop bouts have proven unsuccessful so far.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Not very helpful but my best guess would be keeping an eye out on eBay. To be honest I had to Google it to see what the enclosure was as I hadn’t heard of it until your post. Maybe it’s time to plan a vacation overseas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not very helpful but my best guess would be keeping an eye out on eBay. To be honest I had to Google it to see what the enclosure was as I hadn’t heard of it until your post. Maybe it’s time to plan a vacation overseas!

Well my fiancé definitely wants to travel, one of her bucket list places happens to be Singapore 😂

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well my fiancé definitely wants to travel, one of her bucket list places happens to be Singapore
Seems like a two birds one stone type of situation to me!

Is there a reason you’re so set on this tank specifically?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Seems like a two birds one stone type of situation to me!

Is there a reason you’re so set on this tank specifically?

Not sure how to explain exactly, saw them in action some years back. Thought “hm... too small for most herps... but would look great with a centipede in it”. And the bow front I always think is a cool feature with the night and day lights. It’s also pretty escape-proof for a centipede with that single top entry point. Many would say it makes access more cumbersome, but I wouldn’t be opening the thing more than once a week for a feeding and I wouldn’t be really handling the centipede anyway- it is purely a display animal to show off it’s size and color. Mind you this is one of the few tanks that is uniquely aesthetically pleasing but also viable as a centipede enclosure. Most of the time centipede enclosures end up being Tupperware with not much flare. Most exos are nice but the thin screen is an issue, you need to modify it and sometimes it can look janky- had a large 9” S. dehaani tear through the screen some years back and wrought havoc in my apartment. And I have so many square Exo terra enclosures with modded tops that I want an enclosure that makes my most prized centipede stand out from the other spiders and centipedes. I suppose it’s a multiple-factor reasoning. If another company decided making some nice bow-front enclosures with escape-proofing I’d be all for hopping in that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts