Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anybody direct me to a source with recordings of various frog calls. I am particularly interested in tinctorius 'Suriname Cobalt', azureus and reticulatus. Any help is appreciated.

G

·
I have a Ceratophrys cranwelli call if you're interested in that, but I have a feeling you're only interested in dart frog calls. You can e-mail me at [email protected] if you want me to e-mail it to you.

G

·
Thanks,

Yes, I am only interested in the dart calls (right now) I am adding them to my species pages. Check out the photo gallery and then the vittatus, terribilis, and imitator. Working on others, but taking my time :)
I sent Thierry your email, so he maybe contacting you.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Frog calls

Thank you for the links.

This is slightly off topic, however, you may be able to help me (and others who) use a Macintosh. I followed the link to Dendrogrove.com and am unable to access the audio. I get a pop up window that says "mms is not a registered protocol." Do you happen to know what program he uses? I may be able to install it on my computer.

I can access your calls, and only hope that you will expand your collection soon. My frogs have not called, and I hope that I can encourage them by playing these recordings within earshot of their vivariums. Thanks again.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I get the same thing when I try it.

G

·
I run my through a default Window Media Player... I had to download the newest one. If you still have trouble let me know. I have permission to load then onto my site, and I move it to the top of my list if need be.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Frog calls

Benjamin -

Thought I had it. I downloaded the Windows Media Player ver. 9, and while the player attempts to download the files, I still receive a similar message. I suspect that there is a problem with Mac compatibility and file names/formats. Nice player though, thank you for the lead.

If you can find time to load them onto your site, that would be fantastic. This certainly isn't an emergency, and I have the patience of a saint, so I will check your site occasionally.

Thanks again.

G

·
Ok, I will get the 3 calls you wanted up as soon as possible.
With the temps droping low around here in the next few days, I should have some extra time.

G

·
If you can play them, you can save them.
I have them downloaded and should get them up in the next few days if you want to wait.

G

·
I simply used a computer microphone because my frogs was very loud, but if you have musical equipment around anyways you could run a singing microphone through your amp and into your microphone imput on the back of your computer using a 1/4" adaptor. And have the microphone right near the frog tank.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
Duh...didn't think of it. Now that our computer is in the next room it won't be a big deal to do that.

Thanks,

Melis

amazinglyricist said:
I simply used a computer microphone because my frogs was very loud, but if you have musical equipment around anyways you could run a singing microphone through your amp and into your microphone imput on the back of your computer using a 1/4" adaptor. And have the microphone right near the frog tank.

·
Premium Member
2,437 Posts
G

·
Why does the mic need to be waterproof? You don't need to put it in the tank, just near it. You could just buy a cheap one at walmart for like $15.00 at the most.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts