Dendroboard banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this is to add body not to make cliffs, but if i covered it in the americanized flevopal (spelling everywhere i know) would that seal it?

G

·
mortar

cool you have sugar gliders! why would you want to seal the mortar? whenever i have done stuff with mortar ive never sealed it.

G

·
mortar

i dont think all mortar is harmfull. im pretty sure you can get some safe stuff anyway. if you nedd to seal it you could maybe do so with resin but this would make it look all shiny and unnatural

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im just going to add body thats it, so i can shape it better, i am going to cover it with a flevopol like mixture anyways.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They are great pets! But they need alot of attention if you get just one. But still you need the play with them daily if possible. They also need fresh fruits, and veges. Every now and then eggs and meats. My dogs are actually scared of them because they jump around in there cage and make alot of noise sometimes(cause there is a pan to catch poop n stuff.)

Hope that helps

And Moe, not sure yet, whatever i see at HD, but i might not beable to go today, people going for plywood like crazy for Frances.

G

·
I'm thinking the one drawback to sugar gliders is you can't potty train them...
I've heard its pointless to try. Maybe one day when I have more space I'll get a couple..

Oh Kyle, I should be getting that mortar from Vivarium concepts today if your still interested.

G

·
If you guys would, would you please post pictures of the mortar when you are done.

With regards to sugar glider, they also have this distinct smell-- a funk if you will. My sister and I reared them when we were younger.
j

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeager said:
With regards to sugar glider, they also have this distinct smell-- a funk if you will. My sister and I reared them when we were younger.
j
Yeah, males have i think 3 seperate sent glands that they cover their enclosure with! Also their pee isnt too pleasant(sp?)

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Its called concrete primer, its supposed to be the same stuff as they have over there. ACE has it.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thats fine. Flevopol is used everywhere in the european vivariums. Its hard to find one without it.

M.N

·
Registered
893 Posts
I plan on taking several pics during the construction process and will post them starting early next week with skeleton layer. I will equip this unit with some screw in high output full spectrum lighting I came accross with a very high K rating as well as inlet and outlet fans a misting system and maybe even a fogger. The display is 4 ft x 4ft x 2ft and will have a variety of plants that I'm currently growing so stay tuned for more to come.

Scott

1 - 17 of 17 Posts