Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Oh here is a pic of the cutter I used

And this is an old exit sign I converted for lights

this is an awesome idea lol
So all Exit signs are like this or just the old ones?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Pretty sure hou cant buy them, new ones we buy at work are led or candlebra base, I just love the fact that im doing this with "garbage" cause thats where this stuff was going

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Pretty sure hou cant buy them, new ones we buy at work are led or candlebra base, I just love the fact that im doing this with "garbage" cause thats where this stuff was going
yeah I love to freecycle and I was thinking about checking out a scrap yard or something for some old exit signs like that.
I figured they didn't make them like that anymore.
I use Annie Chung noodle bowls for my cultures lol and I try to use anything I can instead of throwing it away.
Before I go to throw something away I ask myself can this be used for anything.
I hate throwing stuff away lol so I recycle as much as possible :D

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
haha you used a knob for the pull.
I like your style man :D

what are you using for the top of the door for the latches to catch?
looks almost like a corner strip or something used to slide on the end of paneling

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Top part is silicone, made just like the living hinge, so tight of a fit dont really need the latch, but defniatly need the "knob" lol.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Top part is silicone, made just like the living hinge, so tight of a fit dont really need the latch, but defniatly need the "knob" lol.
so you made it yourself with silicone or it is made out of the same material as the living hinge :confused:

·
Registered
2,293 Posts

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
yeah I tried that haha but it didn't work too well so I decided to make a lip on the inside where the top of the rests to seal mine up good.
I kind used the same method with the tape tho.
I want to try this design you have tho cause I like the use of the window screen latches.

Can't wait to see more of this viv :)

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
So, ran into a small problem I had gaps where the door butted up, I tied making a gasket by running silicone on the door and putting electric tape on the tank, let dry while butted up and pull tape. Still had some gaps, so I get fustrated and just siliconed it shut......and then today I cut it so it could open and voila nice, tight seal

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
So, ran into a small problem I had gaps where the door butted up, I tied making a gasket by running silicone on the door and putting electric tape on the tank, let dry while butted up and pull tape. Still had some gaps, so I get fustrated and just siliconed it shut......and then today I cut it so it could open and voila nice, tight seal
yeah I was gonna try this but I was like well I don't wanna chance my viv not opening back up haha....this is what I came up with...
I just put tape on the back of the vent and just keep laying silicone till I got it to where the glass touched and then added a couple more layers and then smoothed it out real good and now I have a silicone lip and the top is sealed :)

as you can see in this pic it is a nice fit and you can see my pull....it is just a marble I spray painted black and siliconed it on there :cool:

not trying to hijack or anything just wanted to show ya my silicone lip design lol.

I can't wait to see more of your build :)

Reactions: Edhurl

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
planning on putting a Hawaiian umbrella plant schefflera arboricola
on the left side of the cliff and pinch it to keep it small and let the roots go crazy on the side of the cliff, ill put moss at the bottom of the cliff, behind the cliff will be filled with media and ill prabably throw in a brom or two and some othe misc plants

1 - 20 of 44 Posts