Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Administrator
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This thread will be a continuation of this thread. The Frogroom has "risen" as it were - now we're on to the occupants. :D

The Ranitomeya imitator "Bajo Huallaga (UE)" appear to have bred! And yeah - it's NICE to have frogs breeding again!

Here is a shot of the male (all the way on the right) calling a female in to feed a tadpole. I saw at least 3 possible "feedings" today, and finally spotted a tadpole in the main axis of the bromeliad pictured.

·
Registered
527 Posts
hey so i was wondering how those LED lights are working for you. I was thinking about switching over to LED also since my tanks are in my room and its starting to get really hot now.

·
Administrator
8,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pleased with them. Very pleased. The plants are coloring up nicely. The picture was taken without a flash.

Feel free to let me know if you're ever in the area and you can stop by.

Also, I have a very good friend who is starting a lighting business - and has assured me he can do LED lights as well.

s

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yeah if im ever up your direction all let you know. I live in queen creek so Tucson is a little far just to cruise up there. When will your friend be building the LED lights? I would be interested having maybe a couple built for the setups i have now. I was looking at some LED fixtures on ebay but ebay can be kind of a gamble sometimes with products that haven't been on the market for very long.

·
Registered
557 Posts
I'm pleased with them. Very pleased. The plants are coloring up nicely. The picture was taken without a flash.

Feel free to let me know if you're ever in the area and you can stop by.

Also, I have a very good friend who is starting a lighting business - and has assured me he can do LED lights as well.

s
That would be me. :D
And Scott, your frogs and set-ups look great, by the way!

Yeah if im ever up your direction all let you know. I live in queen creek so Tucson is a little far just to cruise up there. When will your friend be building the LED lights? I would be interested having maybe a couple built for the setups i have now. I was looking at some LED fixtures on ebay but ebay can be kind of a gamble sometimes with products that haven't been on the market for very long.
I have units that came in just this week in crisp white. (No actinic blue or anything unnnatural for terrestrial animals.)
They look like the BOMB, and very "minimal".
But I haven't plugged 'em in yet to test (and photograph).....because they didn't send transformers !! :mad:
That is being corrected immediately.
Ohh trust me, I am all over it.
more to come...soon...very soon... :)
Thanks.
Todd
LightYourReptiles.com

·
Registered
259 Posts
Yeah...I want to get some LEDs real soon before summer gets here. I would need (3) 48" for a frog rack. But I want to do it in the next week or two. PM me with a price if you will have anything ready by then. Sorry to jack your post Scott.:)

·
Premium Member
2,747 Posts
Hi Scott,

Congrats on getting the imitators breeding! Frogs breeding is the proof I need that I am doing my job correctly (though, lately, it seems that I have been doing my job TOO correctly!).

Take care, Richard.

Reactions: Scott

·
Registered
591 Posts
Congratz on getting those guys breeding. That sure didn't take long. I love the BH imis, but there isn't that much about them on DB. Are they pretty much like the other imis in the hobby? I'd love to hear your thoughts on them.

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
You really need to post that gorgeous one I sent you - with the full dorsal stripe. By far the nicest I produced all season.

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
Hey Scott,

Good to see your back to breeding frogs, what about pictures of the actual frog room?

Bill

1 - 20 of 43 Posts