Dendroboard banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

I've been recently working on acquiring a number of S. gottlebei. The task has been challenging, although not impossible, especially in my neck of the (Canadian) woods.

During that time, I've been gathering info on their natural habitats, on the explosive breeding habits, etc. I've also been in contact with Brent Brock of TWI as per one of their on-going S. gottlebei projects. Brent has been quite generous with the info...

I've created a Facebook group in order to encourage a collaborative efforts of members from different boards. I am well aware that we all have our loyalties to ours, and respect this. For this reason, I thought that creating a neutral ground where we could exchange on them could motivate a larger group of us/you to help on the project.

The idea is simple: gather as much info as possible on them and build a suitable enclosure to promote their survival in captivity.

More details are on the Facebook page. But one detail is key: who ever wishes to join is encourage to share the info on their respected board. This is for the S. gottlebei first and foremost.

Hope to see some of you there. Here's the group.

Eric

PS: I will cut and paste this info on a number of boards. Just an FYI.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The group is doing great with 19 members, as for the discussions, which are now mostly on light requirements (lighting) and substrate (for both housing and breeding tanks). If you feel you can contribute to the discussion, feel free to join. There's very valuable info being shared by all.

Eric

PS: Anthony, thanks for your contribution too.

·
Registered
430 Posts
wow this frog is on my wish list too... I'll try to contribute as much as I can altho I have no exp with these... might indeed be quite hard to find in Quebec... We'll have to rely on our fellow TOers

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow this frog is on my wish list too... I'll try to contribute as much as I can altho I have no exp with these... might indeed be quite hard to find in Quebec... We'll have to rely on our fellow TOers
Hey, good to see you outside of Canadart. There seems to be more in the US (Ben Siegel Reptiles Inc.), but far dfrom being impossible closer to us...

Eric

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We're entering the 3rd week of the study group. We've made good progress, and I'm quite happy with the collaborative nature of the group.

There is great info being shared on lighting, soil, water, feeders, enclosure...

We will start removing members who have not been contributing. So far, we made it a focus group, and we will want to continue to share and exchange on all aspects of what can help us create a viable housing and breeding tank.

Again, if you are not very knowledgeable on hoppers, but know some on plants, Madagascar, explosive breeders, water PH, substrate, feeders, come and join the group. I'm hoping some of you will share the info on your board once we complete our study, or along the way.

A big thank you to Roman (mantisdragon91) who has been quite helpful so far.

Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts