Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I will be hosting a SCADS meeting at my house in La Verne on the evening of Saturday October 1, 2011. Giving everyone plenty of time....... the last meeting at Brians was great with many new and old attendees.
Dane is planing on hosting one during the summer also as the weather is much nicer at his place during that time of year.

SCADS meeting
Date: Saturday October 1st
Host: Evolvstll
Time: 5:00-?

·
Registered
527 Posts
good thing this is a few months away ... it'll give me time to establish some tanks and let my wallet wounds heal from the last meet! looking forward to it jason!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I would definitely wouldn't want to miss this one, it even falls on my birthday. Thank you for hosting.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Just a heads up. A new person is not going to know what SCADS is. There needs to be a more descriptive title to the thread. I nearly missed the last meeting because I never bothered to open a thread that was just titled SCADS. If this is just a club thing ...nevermind.

·
Registered
503 Posts
Wow we are starting to get more formal on the dates! Thanks Jason and Dane for hosting again! I was going to try and host at my place next but it looks like you both have it covered. It gives me more time to put together my new frog room!:)

·
Registered
620 Posts
I will hopefully be able to make it Jason. It's a little far in advance but I can't imagine anything coming up on that date.

In regards to the summer meet, I believe Retpile Bob had the idea of having the next SCADS meet at his reptile store. I don't know if Dane has a date set in stone yet but it might be a cool idea to have it at his store. It might be cool to be able to handle some of the other animals at his shop, plus he has lots of space. Here is the link to the thread he started.
http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/west/67922-summer-scads-meeting.html

·
Registered
658 Posts
I guess I will RSVP for your meet, Jason. Have family in town, so I can visit them as well. Hopefully you will have some choc. leucs too :confused:. Thank you for hosting!!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey all. New to this stuff but am very interested in getting to know people in SoCal who know what they are talking about and are into this hobby. I am just curious what this Scads is all about and what exactly goes on at these meets. Sounds like something i would be interested in. Also im looking to buy my first frogs in a couple of weeks and would love to buy locally. Let me know if you can help me out with that. Im willing to do a little driving to so anywhere in socal is fine. Thanks everyone, look forward to hearing from you!

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
SCADS is the Southern California area Dendrobatid Society. The meetings are open to everyone. It is a way for local froggers to get together talk shop, exchange ideas, and husbandry practices. In essence it is our own local frog show where we exchange frogs and their supplies, ideas, and just get together.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ill come. Im new to the scads group. I dont have anything to sell but Im always looking at buying.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey SCADS

Maybe SCADS can be modified to SCNVADS since a couple of froggers from Las Vegas, Nevada would like to attend. Sally and I had a great time at Brian's the meeting before last and are trying to work out the details of carpooling to Jason's. Hope to be able to see you all again!!

Steve

1 - 20 of 25 Posts