Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any special care for this? I got it with the Black Jungle 5 plant day gecko package. It included ficus pumila, Calathea Pink Aurora, Nephrolipis cordifolia 'duffii' (which for some reason I have a hard time growing, but it seems my substrate should have more drainage, so I will try that, not sure on the lighting though....) Costus cuspidatus (which seems like a very interesting plant) and a Sanseiveria Pup. I am not sure how to care for the pup. It came has a bare root plant...I can't find much on google about it, so I was wondering if anyone has experience with this....
Thanks for the help,

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well, I will reply to my own post, I thought it looked a lot like snake plant, though I never knew the name of snake plant.... :D It seems Black Jungle may have spelled it wrong? But now I think I know what it is....Sansevieria trifasciata ( I am guessing at the trifasciata, but thats' what it seems to resemble.)

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Stick it in the ground, leaves up, it will root no problem, I used some sans in some gecko tanks a couple years ago, they pupped like mad, lol.

They are also called snake plants, mother-in-law's tongues, bird nest plants (for the mini kinds).

Are you using it in a dart tank? I always thought they were more succulent/arid, tropical savannah type plants.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am using it in a Gekko ulikovskii enclosure. I have planted it and will see how it works with this guy, he is quite big now, and I just switched from fake plants to a full planted tank for him, so I will see if he doesn't tear up the plants to bad.

·
Registered
5,684 Posts
Ah, cool, it should work well then! Once rooted, sans are very tough plants and can bear the weight of some pretty heavy geckos. Good luck!

·
Registered
720 Posts
Actually i have gotten some and planted in my dart tanks with no problems. Cryptanthus are also sold as succulants and do fine in my humid terrariums. They put out more pups when you take them out and dry them though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts