Dendroboard banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this pair from Taron 3 weeks ago and needless to say they have settled in rather nicely. The male calls non-stop all day and the pair has laid two clutches. One has 6 eggs the other 8. Here is some pics

·
Registered
219 Posts
Sweet frogs and pix!:D

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Love the yellow cristos. Are both the male and female pictured here, or just the male?

So, are cristos similar to bastis, or do you need to keep the yellows seperate from the typical reds? I realize they are both from Isla Cristobal, but do they reside in seperate corners of the island apart from each other, or could 2 red parent throw out yellows? I'll be getting red cristos for my big tank, and I'm curious about keeping variable coloured frogs of the same morph. Thanks

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GRIMM, the pics are just of the male, the female isnt as happy to pose... as for the red/yellow question i am not sure. I picked the more yellow pair based on my personal preferance.

Love the yellow cristos. Are both the male and female pictured here, or just the male?

So, are cristos similar to bastis, or do you need to keep the yellows seperate from the typical reds? I realize they are both from Isla Cristobal, but do they reside in seperate corners of the island apart from each other, or could 2 red parent throw out yellows? I'll be getting red cristos for my big tank, and I'm curious about keeping variable coloured frogs of the same morph. Thanks

·
Registered
975 Posts
I think as long as you are getting them from a group that was collected and imported at the same time it is acceptable to keep them together. now if you are trying to pair up an individual you have had for some time the best way to go about it is to try and track down someone who has a breeding group from the same import not just ones that look similar.

sounds kinda the same and i by no means am an expert but that is kinda how i understand it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts