Dendroboard banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i lost one of my male vents today. He was ok in the morning when i fed them and moving around like normal. around 1 i noticed it up against the coco hut on the side and i didnt think nothing of it i went back to check on it at like 3 and he was in the same spot. so i decided to open the viv and try to see if he would move. he jumped and moved for like 2 seconds and then didnt move again. so i thought he was ok. i went to check on him again at like 630 and he was in the same spot he stopped at when he finished moving so i opened my tank again and he didnt move. i decided to touch him to see if he would move and he didnt. i picked him up and he was gone. i dont know what happend. ever since i got him i had noticed that he always looked bloated. i thought it was a female for the longest time but i saw him calling a couple of times after misting. i have had him for over a year and a half and have never noticed anything with him other than the bloated look. he wasnt really big like a gravid female but he looked chunky. my other vents would lose their bloated look a day after i had fed them but this one didnt. do you think it had some kind of intestinal issue? either way it sucks because he was fine and happy since i got him. he will be missed :(

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Sorry for your loss. It does sound like something internal. Possibly a partial impaction of his digestive system?

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
My sympathies. It is always a good idea to get fecals done when something like this happens so you know your other frogs aren't at risk.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts