Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any froggers in the Rochester, New York area on this forum?
Might be nice to get together, trade frogs etc.

·
Registered
774 Posts
i Moved from Rochester about 4 years ago. Gary is about an hour and a half west along with Aaron. Oz is an hour and a half south.
I will be visiting next month if you need any frogs or supplies

·
Registered
461 Posts
I'm in Big Flats, NY which is only about 1.5-2 hours South. I would be interested in a local meet. I also have some frogs needing new homes.

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
There are a few froggers in the area. As mentioned, I am in Ithaca - about an hour and a half away.

I know at least a couple of froggers in Rochester. One of them is actually cutting back on his collection quite a bit right now: http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/frog-classifieds/75723-few-very-proven-tincs-male-bakhuis.html

We used to have local meetings that would either be outside Buffalo (Aaron H.'s place) - or in Ithaca. But we haven't had one in quite a while. There is a Greater New York Area Dendrobatid Society (GNYADS) email list - but it isn't very active, and to be honest, I am not sure how people can be added any more. But I might be able to find out.

If you are ever down in the Ithaca area, I am more than happy to show you my frog room. I have cut down recently - so I am at only about 20 tanks. Mostly pumilio, but also a mix of some other Phyllobates and Dendrobates.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Oz at one time that i can remember had over 60 tanks up with frogs in them. He is a frog master! I remember a meet at his house that was very fun!

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I don't think I ever hit 60 tanks - but mid 40s probably.

20 tanks is much more manageable - and all of the tanks are larger, which makes it nicer to enjoy the frogs.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I have a pic somewhere on my computer of your room at your old house. I will try and find it. you still working with Bonsai?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
and all of the tanks are larger, which makes it nicer to enjoy the frogs.
I agree

Frogging and bonsai go together wonderful.
I have some trees and have been to some meetings for Yama-Ki
Id love to see another's bonsai/frog setup

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I started a new thread here that shows the history of my frog room. http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/me...volution-devolution-frog-room.html#post671313

Unfortunately - the Ithaca weather was too tough on my bonsai. I didn't have a place with bright enough light to keep my tropicals happy - and it was too cold for my temperates and I had no place to set up a cold house. I lost my most prized tree (Trident Elm root over rock) and another beautiful Chinese Elm and Fukien Tea - so I replaced all of my trees. Someday I will start again.

It looks like I lost all of my bonsai pictures as well - which sucks. I can't even share images of them.

Oz

·
Registered
34 Posts
I live in rochester but unfortunately only empty setups. Thought this would be a good place to meet locals with similiar interest in pdf. Currently looking for pairs of thumbs. Interested in colorful thumbs and pumilio.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts